Arkansas Elder Law &
THE RAYMON B. HARVEY LAW FIRM
Special Needs Trusts
SPEAKING, WRITING, TEACHING
20 YEARS OF ELDER LAW
AGING & DISABILITY ISSUES
ELDER & SPECIAL NEEDS LAW
Elder and Special Needs Law are specialized areas of law that involve representing, counseling, and assisting seniors, people with disabilities, and their families in connection with a variety of legal issues, from estate planning to long term care issues, with a primary emphasis on promoting the highest quality of life for the individuals.
We assist individuals and families in the following areas:
• Preservation/transfer of assets seeking to avoid spousal. impoverishment when a spouse enters a nursing home.
• Medicaid eligibility.
• Disability planning, including use of durable powers of attorney, healthcare powers of attorney, living trusts, and living wills.
• Estate planning, including planning for the management of one’s estate during life and its disposition on death through the use of trusts, wills and other planning documents.
• Probate and Probate avoidance.
• Medicaid Applications. We assist our clients in qualifying for and submitting applications for Medicaid benefits.
• Medicaid Appeals.
• Protecting SSI and Medicaid services with Special Needs Trusts.